Praying the Scriptures
Post date: Mar 27, 2012 4:39:02 PM
Need a little help praying?Don't know how to pray?
Don't know what to say?
Or perhaps you're spiritually tired.
Here is an easy way to get started - simply pray the Scriptures. Let me provide an example by using Philippians 2:6-11.
6) Who being in very nature God did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
7) but made himself nothing taking the very nature of a servant being made in human likeness.
Father, I am thankful for Jesus Christ. I'm thankful that he came from Heaven and walked among us. I'm thankful he took the nature of a servant.
8) And being found in appearance as man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death - even death on a cross!
Father, I'm overwhelmed with gratefulness that Jesus died on the cross. I know that he died on the cross for me - for my sins. Give me the strength to obedient out of my gratefulness for what you have down for me.
9) Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name.
Father, give me the desire to exalt the name of Jesus. Provide me with opportunities to lift his name above every name.
10) that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
Father, I bow to worship and serve Jesus Christ. Right here and right now!
11) and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Father, I confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. I pray this is reflected in my life. Show me the areas in my life I have not given over to Jesus and give me the strength and wisdom to make changes. Jesus is Lord. I am not.