Post date: Apr 5, 2010 9:49:15 PM
Sunday was my first Easter as pastor of First Baptist Crawford and I loved every minute of it. I will carry moments from this weekend with me for a long time to come.
Here are a few memories that I will cherish:
1) Spending hours on my face praying for the words to speak and for hearts to be pierced by the Gospel message.
2) Working with St. Paul Lutheran Church of Crawford and First United Methodist Church of Crawford to create a Easter Sunrise service.
3) Preaching the sunrise service with Tonkawa Falls behind me and a crowd of eager faces in front of me.
4) Looking at the beautiful symbol our church created. Congregation members brought fresh flowers to cover the cross in the sanctuary. A beautiful symbol of the new life brought about by the resurrection.
5) Seeing the sanctuary packed, but more importantly, seeing a sanctuary packed with people worshiping the risen Lord.
6) Spending time with family.